And when it comes to OSRS gold content that has been there, well, that didn't exactly elicit enthusiasm or pleasure. With this much content focussing on the parts of the game. Another misguided look at what was traditionally RuneScapey by adding pointlessly grindy things through the favour system (thinking that the grind itself was players appreciated about grinding), then giving the player no feeling of satisfaction for really"completing" a grind, since you'd only automatically lose the 20% of everything you had gained access to in case you wanted to try out any of the other 80 percent of content there. Even with all the system enhancements that are favour, I still wouldn't predict the favour gameplay that riveting, from pushing on ploughs, finding publications, grinding salt. Sure they are all easy, traditional RuneScapey actions, but tradition for tradition's sake does not always deliver the results or in this case, the enjoyable gameplay.
Finally, at one point in time I would have bemoaned Zeah as the worst addition in the game's background - these days I think it's been a positive. It was shown to be a huge learning experience for what worked. It showed the teams willingness to listen & alter things where necessary (albeit a slow & drawn out procedure ). And that I think everything which followed it fundamentally improved. Landmass, every place, expansion, etc, was able to learn from Zeah's mistakes.
I feel genuinely hopeful having people like Mod West and Mod Husky on the group doing what they do. The rework felt as though we got a huge chunk of fresh material, using the flavour forthos dungeon attracted to the table. I am so eager for the coming Shayzien rework and the potential reworks of their other houses, if they can pull off what they did with Hosidius. It can not be understated; they aren't just polishing pieces of Zeah and making it a bit more digestible. They are transforming it into stuff that feels just like ACTUAL (and new) content.
Let us hope they can get Archaeology out until too many men and women begin return to work/school. You do realize the virus also impacts the devs? Sure many are working in the home but the fractured development team is going to cause the schedule to be delayed.Obviously, the entire point of my post is me hoping that it doesn't get delayed too much.They haven't announced a delay for archaeology. So I doubt it's going to be delayed. Maybe future jobs will get a delay of some sort, but Jagex started working from cheap RuneScape gold home this week or something, and Arch would have been borderline completed by there.