1. Information That We Collect from You
You may be able to use some of our Services without providing any personal information to us. However, in order to take advantage of certain features, offerings, or other functions of our Services, you may be asked or required to provide personal information. For example, depending on the feature or service you wish to access, we may ask you to register an account with us or otherwise collect information from you such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and other information you choose to provide. You can always choose to not provide us with the requested information; however, if you choose to not provide such information, you may not be able to access or use certain features or functions of the Services.
A. Information You Provide to Us or Give Us Permission To Obtain It
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you:
- Create personal profile account to take advantage of certain features, offerings, or other functions of our Services. This include your username, password and e-mail address when you register for MyPlace account.
- Contact us for any reason, such as to request help with the Services or to provide us with your comments/feedback; or
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number, city and country). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on MyPlace at EthioVisit.com.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and EthioVisit.com. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- If you chose to login to your MyPlace account using Facebook or Google account authentication, we get your personal identification information (your name, email address, and account id) from those accounts. We DO NOT access your friends or contact list from your Facebook or Google account.
B. Information We Collect Automatically
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User. The information collected may include technical information such as your IP address, the type of device that you use to access the Services, the operating system on your device, the website or other online service that directed you to our Services, and the content that you view on the Services.
When you access our Services via a mobile device, EthioVisit.com or its third-party analytics tools service providers may collect various information, including the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent device identifier associated with your device, the IP address of your mobile device, the device's operating system, the browser you use to access the Services, information about how you use the Services, and your device's location with your consent.
2. Cookies and Similar Technologies:
3. How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to provide the Service to you. We commit to showing you content that is relevant, interesting and personal to you. In order to do that, it’s necessary for us to use your information to:
- Identify you when you use EthioVisit.com, and help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- Recommend topics or categories you might like based on your activity on EthioVisit.com;
- Respond to your questions or comments;
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others;
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- Develop and test new products and features;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Automatically update the EthioVisit.com application on your device
4. Public Information
If you post comments, pictures, or other content via public forums that may be available on the Services, that information may be publicly available. The information may be searchable by search engines and copied or republished by third parties. We have no control over those third parties. Please think carefully before you post any information via the Services.
5. Sharing Of Your Information
We do not share or sell your information to third parties outside of EthioVisit.com without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
6. How We Store Your Information
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which EthioVisit.com, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- EthioVisit.com, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, EthioVisit.com cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to EthioVisit.com or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and EthioVisit.com, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to EthioVisit.com make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
EthioVisit.com uses administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information we collect via the Services. However, no information system can be 100% secure. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit or receive via the Services over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
7. Your Choices Regarding the Information that We Collect
You may choose to:
- Stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, phone and mobile marketing communications;
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings; or
- Request that we cancel your account or that we no longer use the information you have given us to provide you services.
8. Social Sharing Features and Third-Party Integrations
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
9. Third-party Content and Activities
The Services may contain links to content or integrated content (like embedded videos) provided by third parties. The information practices of those third parties may differ from ours. You should consult the privacy policies of any third party that provides content that you access through the Services as we do not control and are not responsible for the information that they collect, use, or share. Because your web browser may obtain integrated content directly from third-party servers, the third parties may be able to collect information as if you had visited their sites directly. Some of the third parties that provide content on our Services or support our business by facilitating online advertising, analytics, or research may use technologies to track your online activities over time and across various websites and other online services.
10. Children’s Privacy
EthioVisit.com does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Date of Last Revision: September 19, 2018